This is just a short post on my new favourite thing – Crispy Kale.
I ate at the Celtic Manor Resort recently, I ordered a plain salad with edamame, pickled cauliflower and sunflower seeds. It was pretty tasty but my favourite part was the amazing Roasted Crispy Kale – it was AMAZING.
The kale is roasted in the oven rather than boiled or fried – it turns it into a crisp like texture and intensifies the flavour.
Here is the simple recipe:
- Two bunches of washed kale
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Himalayan salt
- Baking tray
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Add sprinkle of olive oil and salt to baking tray – covering the base
- Add kale to baking tray – spreading leaves around evenly (make sure they aren’t overlapping)
- Add drizzle of olive oil over the top.
- Bake for 15 until crispy.
- Take out and sprinkle over food or eat on their own.
Kale has so many amazing healthy properties. Kale is hugely rich in iron, vitamin B2 vitamin B6, magnesium and dietary fibre. These kale crisps make an amazing accompaniment to any boring meal as well as healthy snack on their own.