Title: 5 Ways to Tell Youre Successful.
Its so easy to get sucked into the world of making it big. Here are some of the small things that will show you that actually, you are very successful.
- You are above ground. My most favourite quote in the world comes from Tony Robbins’ book. He asked a man at his seminar why he thought he was successful. His reply was ‘I am successful because every day I wake up and I’m above ground’. He knew he was successful because he was alive. He was living. Those days when you’re feeling low remember, you are alive and you’re successful because your surviving. Don’t be so hard on yourself.
- You know who you are. Knowing who you are is a journey. Some people are born and know who they are from the very beginning. Others, myself being one, get lost in life and have to actively craw their way through to find themselves. You only reach your destination by travelling a long and winding road. So many people start living a life they’ve always wanted and lose who they are in the process. If you know who you are, your values, your morals and your goals then you’re successful.
- You have a home. It doesn’t seem like having a home would make you successful but picture this: You are living in London, one of the most expensive housing markets in the world. Youre living in an apartment with enough room for a single bed, a fridge and a shower. Youre paying £2000 a month. Would you class that as a home? Don’t judge a book by its cover, living in big cities may sound luxurious but is it? Many people don’t have a home, a place where they feel safe and secure and a hot bath that cures all their problems. Be grateful and know that by having a home you are successful.
- You are loved. When you’re feeling like you’re unsuccessful and have one thousand reasons why you’re never going to reach your goals or why your old school friend is earning £1000 per week living it up in New York and youre still in the same plce you started. Remember. You are loved. Someone loves you and that is a success. Keep this in mind, your current situation is not your final destination.
- You have internet. This may sound like a dumb reason to count yourself as successful. If you have technology you have the ability to connect with hundreds and thousands of people around you. If someone needs you they can contact you instantaneously. You can keep up to date with long distance relatives with the click of a button. That makes you successful. You intereact with people without being near them, that’s a pretty amazing thing to be doing.
Remember, in order to succeed, we must first believe that we can.