These are the REAL benefits of coconut water..
- Coconut Water is Hugely Hydrating. Coconut water is sweet full of natural sugars, vitamins, minerals, electrolytes, enzymes, amino acids, cytokine, and phyto-hormones.These chemicals work together to replenish dehydration conditions inside the human body. It almost acts as a sports drink as discovered by a 2012 study published in the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition – so throw away that Lucozade and get on the coconut water post-workout.
- Coconut Water is more Beneficial than Fruit Juices. Despite being very light in consistency, its water proportionately has better composition of minerals like calcium, iron, manganese, magnesium, and zinc than some of the fruit juices like oranges.
- High in Potassium.Coconut water carries a very good amount of electrolyte potassium. 100 ml of water has 250 mg of potassium – great way to replenish those potassium levels if you’ve run out of bananas!
- Coconut water is 95% water and 4% carbohydrates. WE all know water is the best thing you can drink – our bodies are made of nearly entirely of it! The added carbohydrates means its popular when working out or trying to lose weight as it provides a balance in water and carbs.
- Coconut water is Beneficial to the Body When Ill. has been used rarely as an intravenous rehydration fluid when medical saline was unavailable due to its incredible rehydration properties.
Coconut Tip: Don’t get confused with coconut water and coconut milk. Milk is obtained from the meat of the coconut when matured whereas coconut water is the juice present inside the interior of a young coconut! Both have different benefits too
Recommended Coconut Water + the Low down
1) Ei Water. £2.99 p 330ml.
The best drink I have ever tasted. Raw coconut water. 100% coconut. Has been pasteurised. Organic and raw. Nam Hom coconuts used(said to be the best quality coconut renowned for the taste). Sourced from Thailand.
2) Innocent Coconut Water. £2.49 pl
Tastes as coconut water does – not that great in my opinion. 100% coconut water which is good! No added sweeteners or concentrates. Packed in Thailand. Has been pasteurised..
3) Jax Coco Coconut Water. £3.69 pl.
Tastes chocolatey with a hint of coconut. 100% pure coconut water with fresh coconut cream and premium cocoa powder. Added calories – minimal. Packed in the Philippines. Natural product.
4) Vita Coco (you can get many flavours). £3.49 pl.
Tastes gross in my opinion! Lets take Vita coco and Pineapple.Coconut water blended with pineapple puree and coconut puree. Produced in Brazil. Contains only 84% coconut water!
coconut, coconut water, coconut water review, facts about coconut water, innocent coconut water, jax coconut water, vita coco, ei water, ei coconut water, luxury coconut water, facts about coconut water